Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The crud they make you read...


So in high school I had to read The Stranger. Honestly the most depressing book ever. It was terribly bleak with no sense of place or time or any connection between the protagonist and anyone around him. Yuck. However, the slightly creepy cover stuck with me as it was the same cover that graced the copy that my siblings read when they were in high school in the 70's. So when Audrey dressed up the other day as a "Knight" with her fleece hat riding high I flashed right back to this book.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That is so awesome!
I never read that book - it wasn't asked of me - thank god - sounds like a dull book.

Unknown said...

At the opposite end of the pole, I just finished a book called "Marley and Me", non-fiction, which I think you would adore. Look for it at the library, or borrow from me next time you visit. I had a good cry at the end but loved the book.

Audrey looked awesome in her duds. The book cover was more along the gruesome lines.